Conservation Committee Chair and FMI: Peter Carney
Next Committee Event:
Facts for the Future: Clean Energy Transition with ReVision EnergyDate: Thursday, August 24, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Have you ever wondered how you can transition into a clean energy future? Over the past 10 years, solar technology has dropped in price by more than 75% making today, more than ever, a great time to invest. Come learn about the latest technology for hot water systems, solar electricity, efficient air source heat pumps, electric vehicle charging stations and more. Our discussion will include current solar options and technology, including community solar farms, solar for non-profits, and Maine-Made inverters and storage options. Find out what makes your home a good site for solar power, how much these systems cost, and what you can expect for a return on investment. AMC is the nation's oldest conservation, recreation, and education organization. AMC is dedicated to finding and supporting approaches to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and work on policy efforts to promote energy efficiency, distributed energy generation, and renewable energy. Join ReVision Energy and AMC's members and supporters to learn how individuals, businesses, and nonprofits can help transition to a clean energy future! This event is free and open to the public but RSVPs through Eventbrite are appreciated.Activity Categories: Conservation, Social Events
Location: Allagash Brewing Company, 81 Industrial Way, Portland, ME
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Kaitlyn Bernard 207-808-4424
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Easy
FMI: Eventbrite RSVP
AMC Conservation Action Network:
Join AMC’s Conservation Action Network (CAN) and receive the news by email. Created to encourage and facilitate conservation activism.
AMC Suggestions on Climate Change
Helpful Articles on Climate Change
- Climate Science in Six Well-Documented Findings by Dr. Michael MacCracken
- Debunking Urban Legends of Climate Change by Frances Moore
- The Conversion of a Climate Change Skeptic by Dr. Richard Muller
- Global Warming’s Terrifying New Math by Bill McKibben
For objective information on climate change, see:
- The Climate Institute
- The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Skeptic’s arguements
Questions AMC recommends we ask political candidates about climate change:
- The science is clear: climate change is happening and humans are contributing to it. Do you believe that we are experiencing a period of human induced climate change?
- Will you reject the manufactured â€œdebateâ€ and speak out in support of climate science?
- Will you support limits on greenhouse gas emissions? If yes, will you support the reduction recommended by scientists of 80% below 1990 levels by 2050?
- Will you protect EPAâ€™s ability to enforce their legal mandate to protect clean air and regulate greenhouse gas emissions?
- What would you do to increase energy conservation and efficiency in the country (or state)?