Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Acitivities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Peter to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- Maine Chapter AMC Leader Handbook (amended 5/09/2013)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Other AMC Leader information and resources
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
- Double-Sided Member/Nonmember Release Form (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
WHITE MOUNTAIN STEP-INTO-SUMMER HUT TO HUT HIKEDate: Wednesday, June 28 - Saturday, July 1
This trip provides a wonderful opportunity break into summer, with a trek in the White Mountains. Much of the hike is above treeline. There are opportunities to peak as many as three of the Presidentials. Participants enjoy the combination of active outdoor time with comforts of prepared meals and a comfortable bunk each night, as well as the solitude of the mountains and connections with like-minded adventurers. Wednesday, June 28- Gather for 6 p.m. family-style dinner at Pinkham Notch Center. Introductions, gear inventory/check, route review. Thursday, June 29- Breakfast at Pinkham Notch Center. Shuttle to Appalachia Trailhead. 5 mile hike to Madison Springs Hut. Optional hike up Mt. Madison, 1 mile round trip. Dinner/bunk at the hut. Friday, June 30- Breakfast at Madison Springs Hut, Gulfside Trail to Lake of the Clouds Hut 6 miles, with optional hike up Mt. Adams (additional 1.5 miles) enroute. Dinner/bunk at the hut. Saturday, July 1- Breakfast at Lake of the Clouds Hut, summit Mt. Washington, then down Lions Head to Pinkham Notch 6.5 miles. In the case of inclement weather, we will avoid the summit, and hike Davis Path and Bootspur Tr. to Pinkham Notch, to cars and home- 5.5 miles. Cost $278 for AMC members, $332 non members Strenuous. 5 to 8 hours of hiking on varied terrain, including some steep up/down hiking. Plan to carry a 15 pound day pack.Activity Categories: Hiking
Adult Member Fee: $278
Adult Non-Member Fee: $332
Location: White Mountains , NH
Region: New Hampshire, White Mountains
Leader: Emily Davis 207-542-2824 (after 9 PM)
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Strenuous