Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Acitivities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Peter to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- Maine Chapter AMC Leader Handbook (amended 5/09/2013)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Other AMC Leader information and resources
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
- Double-Sided Member/Nonmember Release Form (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Winter Hike - Speck Mtn. in Grafton NotchDate: Saturday, January 6
Hike to the summit of Speck Mtn. (4170 ft.) in Grafton Notch State Park via the AT for a round trip distance of 7.6 miles and elevation gain of 2720 feet. This is a strenuous hike suitable for experienced advanced intermediate winter hikers. Full winter gear including snowshoes with crampons/cleats and crampons or micro spikes are required. Contact the leader to register or for more information.Activity Categories: Snowshoeing
Location: Grafton Notch, Maine
Region: Maine, Western
Leader: Bill Brooke 207-549-5100 (before 9pm)
Registration is required for this activity.