Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Acitivities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Peter to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Other AMC Leader information and resources
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
- Double-Sided Member/Nonmember Release Form (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Lakes of the Clouds Hut Trip: June 28-29Date: Thursday, June 28 - Friday, June 29
This trip provides a quick visit to the White Mountains, including the summit of Mt. Washington, weather permitting. Hikers enjoy the combination of active outdoor experience with comforts of prepared meals and a bunk at the Lake of the Clouds hut. Experience the solitude of the mountains, and an adventure with like-minded folks. Level of Physical Challenge- Strenuous. 5 to 8 hours of hiking on varied terrain, including some steep up/down hiking. Participants don't have to be experienced backpackers, but do need to be fit. Price: $116 (Purchase your own trail food for two days, optional gratuity for hut staff) Maximum participants: 10 For route and more information: contact the leader Emily Davis.Activity Categories: Hiking
Adult Member Fee: $116
Location: White Mountains , New Hampshire
Region: New Hampshire, White Mountains
Leader: Emily Davis
Registration is required for this activity.