Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Acitivities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Peter to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- Maine Chapter AMC Leader Handbook (amended 5/09/2013)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Other AMC Leader information and resources
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
- Double-Sided Member/Nonmember Release Form (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
INTRODUCTION TO BACKPACKING WORKSHOPDate: Wednesday, May 3, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The introduction to backpacking workshop is for beginners and experienced hikers who would like to take the next step from day hiking to multi-day trips. The workshop will cover the basics needed for a safe and enjoyable three season backpacking trip. Topics include: conditioning for backpacking, planning a backpacking trip, dealing with emergencies, food & water considerations, selection of appropriate clothing and footwear, and gear for backpacking. Have your questions on backpacking answered , see backpacking gear, and a demonstration of how to load a backpack. Contact Bill Brooke to register for this workshopActivity Categories: Backpacking, Instruction (Skills)
Location: Maine Audubon, Falmouth , ME
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Bill Brooke 207-549-5100 (before 9pm) , Wayne Newton
Registration is required for this activity.