Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Acitivities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips.Â For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email PeterÂ to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc)Â andÂ Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User ManualÂ (not for most users)
For additionalÂ Volunteer Resources visit:Â http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- Maine Chapter AMC Leader HandbookÂ (amended 5/09/2013)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013Â (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use FormÂ PDFÂ orÂ MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report FormÂ
- Other AMC Leader information and resources
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
- Double-Sided Member/Nonmember Release Form (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Â Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Cathance River to Merrymeeting BayDate: Thursday, August 24
Let's head out with the tide (low at 10:16am) and enjoy an easy paddle out to one of the islands in Merrymeeting Bay (a fresh water tidal bay). Bring some fun snacks to share for a late morning stop. Sea kayaks preferred due to potential for wind on the bay as it is a very open area. 6 rivers feed into Merrymeeting Bay making it an important ecological area. We'll keep an eye out for eagles and ospreys. Plan on about 4 hours out. Distance covered will depend on conditions and group ability. To register contact Michelle and include information on your boat, safety equipment you carry , your level of experience, and a phone contact. Maybe a late lunch at the local restaurant.Activity Categories: Paddling, Paddling - Sea Kayaking
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Michelle Moody 207-406-5221 (before 9pm) , Stan Moody
Registration is required for this activity.
Registrar: Michelle Moody
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
FMI: More on the bay - FOMB