Welcome to the Maine Young Members (YM)!
The Maine Chapter Young Members group is growing! Due to participant involvement and members stepping up to become leaders, we are able to offer more events each season.
Our focus is to get young folks in their 20′s and 30′s, and young at heart, involved in AMC activities: socialization, recreation, and conservation. We are hoping to increase young membership in the AMC and to ensure that the Maine Chapter remains strong and active well into the future. The Young Members Committee will plan workshops, trips, and events geared towards specific interests, while also working with other AMC committees and outing clubs on Maine’s college campuses.
For Young Member Activities, visit the calendar to view continuously updated postings of events and activities, and “like” us on Facebook for last minute trip postings and reminders: http://www.facebook.com/groups/9829386986/
Why Get Involved?
- You want to meet people with similar interests on awesome hiking, paddling, climbing, or skiing trips, for both overnight and day trips, all over New England.
- You want to support the oldest Conservation organization in the country.
- You want to improve your leadership skills and lead trips for your peers. AMC offers training and mentoring programs.
- You get Membership Discounts on: trainings, destination stays (lodging), books, maps, paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
How to get involved?
- Become a participant on a hike or attend a social! See the calendar
- Become a member at http://www.amcmaine.org/membership/
- Become a Leader for Hiking, Backpacking, Biking (Road and Mountain), Paddling, Winter hikes, and/or Socials. You can start the process of becoming a leader anytime of the year. For more information contact the Young Member Chair
Meet the Young Members Committee
There are plenty of opportunities for anyone interested in getting involved…. Membership, Conservation, Education, and a College Campus Liaison are a few areas we are still looking to fill. The littlest bit goes a long way.
Sarah, Co-Chair: Facebook, Inter-Chapter Liaison, and trip leader.
“Sarah is excited to get more members involved in activities such as hiking mountains in the summer and winter, cross country skiing, and doing overnight trips such as camping, backpacking, and staying at the various huts. There is so much to experience by getting outdoors and she want to share that with others. She has been hiking 4,000 foot mountains since she was 12 years old. Those experiences have given her a varied perspective on leading trips since she started leading them in 2011. She also coordinates inter-chapter trips with other YM chapters as this adds to our trip offerings, especially with more overnight trip options.” Member since 2010.
Contact Us if you are interested in getting involved with the Maine Chapter Young Members, or to be placed on an e-mail list for notification of events and activities! Email Young Member Chair.
Don’t live in Maine? Or just want to see what other Young Members Groups are doing? For more information on young members committees in other chapters, please go to their websites:
- Boston Chapter: http://www.amcboston.org/youngmembers/index.html
- Worcester Chapter: http://www.amcworcester.org/ym.html
- New Hampshire Chapter: http://www.amc-nh.org/youngmemb.html
- New York/North Jersey Chapter: http://www.amc-ny.org/recreational-activities/youngmembers/
- Connecticut Chapter: http://www.ct-amc.org/ct-amc-ya/index.shtm
- Berkshires Chapter: http://www.amcberkshire.org/ym
- Washington D.C.: http://www.amc-dc.org/Files/youngmembers_new.html
- Delaware Valley: (scroll to the bottom of the page) http://www.amcdv.org/Activities/
Early Morning Pleasant Mountain Loop HikeDate: Tuesday, June 27
Join us for an early morning loop hike up Pleasant Mountain via the North Ridge Trail, Sue's Way, and Bald Peak Trail. This hike is 5.13 miles and about 1740 elevation gain. We will move at a moderate pace, so it should take 4-5 hours. This hike is weather dependent.Activity Categories: Hiking
Location: Mountain Road Bridgton Maine 04009
Region: Maine, Inland
Leader: Kim Sanders
Registration is required for this activity.