Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke or Denise Fredette
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Bill or Denise to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
WILDERNESS FIRST AIDDate: Saturday, May 4 - Sunday, May 5
Wilderness First Aid training goes beyond standard Red Cross first aid , providing you with the skills needed when you are more than one hour from medical care. Learn to assess & treat injuries in outdoor situations. This course is two full days, and will be taught at Maine Audubon in Falmouth, Maine by Wilderness Medical Associates (WMA). The fee covers instruction and materials, and does not include lodging or meals. The class includes patient assessment, immediate life threats, disabling injuries, hypothermia & other environmental hazards, fractures, sprains and more. Upon successful completion students will receive certification in Wilderness First Aid and Adult CPR which are valid for three years Course costs are $175 for AMC Maine chapter members, $200 for AMC members (non-Maine chapter), and $250 if you are not an AMC member. To register for this course call or email Peter Roderick at 207-293-2704 ,or email@example.comActivity Categories: First Aid, Instruction (Skills)
Location: Maine Audubon, Falmouth, ME
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Peter Roderick 207-293-2704 (before 9pm) , Bill Brooke
Registration is required for this activity.