Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke or Denise Fredette
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Bill or Denise to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
3 night Winter GetawayDate: Sunday, February 24 - Wednesday, February 27
Join us for some winter fun in Stratton, Maine. 3 night stay at the White Wolf Inn with daily winter outings of your choice. Pay for 2 night and get the 3rd night free. Please do not call hotel directly as leader is assigning rooms. Let us know if you'd like to share a room. Please include phone contact info and a bit about your winter outings and gear when emailing leader. You can choose from snowshoeing, cross-country skiing on groomed trails, or down hill skiing at Sugarloaf Mountain. Trails include old railroad beds which are groomed and mostly flat terrain or venture up to one of the Maine Huts for a bit more strenuous outing. Dining at local restaurants as a group or on your own. We'll get together for a social hour each evening to decide on what activities to do the next day. Must book before January 10 to guarantee a spot.Activity Categories: Skiing - Cross-Country (Nordic), Skiing - Downhill (Alpine), Snowshoeing, Social Events
Adult Member Fee: $79
Adult Non-Member Fee: $79
Location: White Wolf Inn, Stratton, Maine
Region: Maine, Western
Leader: Michelle Moody 207-406-5221 (before 9pm) , Stan Moody
Registration is required for this activity.
Registrar: Michelle Moody
Trip Difficulty: Mostly Easy to Moderate
FMI: White Wolf Inn